Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Journey Continues


Our Foster Care journey has been filled with its ups and downs. You know, you take all of the classes, but they don't prepare you for the reality that is foster care. I think that at this point in the process, I would have to say that the part about it all that has surprised us, involves birth parents.

I don't know what I thought our relationship would be like with the birth parents. Not that I had any particular expectations, but I figured that our focus would be the child(ren). And for the most part, that is true.

But. . .
I never expected to find myself truly interested in the progress of the birth parents. I didn't anticipate getting to know them. I was surprised to find that I was as anxious to see them succeed in their journey. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want anyone to fail. I just didn't imagine that we would be wanting to encourage and cheer them on as we hope we have. And you know what? It's been so cool.

I have no idea what will happen in these circumstances. Whatever the outcome, I truly hope that we will continue the relationships that have been forged. God knows, He is in control. What a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment