Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let's Do This!

Well, I've been talking about getting back into shape since January. I hear it said all the time how important it is to take care of yourself so that you can take better care of your children. I am finally at the point where I feel motivated enough to do this . Sort of.

The truth is, I will never completely feel motivated. With three kids in the house, including a very busy toddler, I am exhausted! But I know that I have so much more energy when I'm exercising and eating better. Why is it that you can know these things are true, and still continue on with poor habits? Oh well. I decided that today was the day to make a new start. I'm not going radical. I'm not cutting out every bad thing I eat, and exercising for hours a day. I'm just taking baby steps, because I know that that's what I need to do to get going and start to feel some encouragement as I revisit my healthier routines.

What that involved today was to start exercising again. Once I get a few weeks under my belt of doing this daily is when I start to feel better about myself, and I find myself making healthier choices overall.

So. . .I did it! Finished my daily! Here's to better health and more energy! I'm also adding a couple of more walks with the children to the day to amp it up. I think I can do this! Gotta go, time to get outside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment