Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Monday, June 10, 2019

A Change of Environment




I've had this African Violet for some time now. I've always loved the beautiful purple flowers, but for the past few years, it stopped blooming. I tried many things to get the flowers going again. I repotted it, I put new soil, I fertilized it, but...nothing. I was ready to throw it out, and decided to try one more thing. I relocated my plant to a new location, with a slightly different amount of lighting. Over the next few weeks, I noticed a change. The leaves were a richer green, and there was increased growth. Then one day...blooms!!! It turns out that all my little plant needed was a change of location. I'm sure there's a metaphor in there somewhere as it relates to people and what we allow in our lives. But for me, I'm enjoying the simple and beautiful pleasure of gorgeous blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment