Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Friday, October 23, 2020

Favorite Book Series

 




I bet I’m not alone when I say that for the last few months, I’ve been in a state of... I don’t know, malaise? Current events are exhausting, and there seems to be little escape from strife and contentious attitudes. I wish there was somewhere peaceful to run to...sigh.

There really isn’t anywhere where I can whisk away, but, there are always books! I love a good book. The best ones are those that you want to read over and over again. 

I’ve been so busy with this and that lately, so I’ve been getting my fix with audiobooks. I love that I can feel productive while I get things done, but still enjoy a good story.

This week, I started over one of my favorite series ever. The Mitford Books by Jan Karon tell the story of the goings on of an Episcopalian priest, and the sweet, quirky folks in his small town of Mitford.

They have a Christian bent, are somewhat slow moving, and wonderfully peaceful to read. I’ve read them through twice, and it’s been long enough since I last went through them that they feel new again. 

This series just refreshes my soul, and it’s been great to kind of mentally relax. Best of all, there are a LOT of books to enjoy. What are you reading, or listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment