Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, October 22, 2017

Easy Roast Beef

Hey busy Moms,

Do you struggle to plan meals that taste great, and are easy to prepare? I know that I do. This recipe that I'm sharing with you has been a lifesaver on many occasions. The whole family loves this meal, and it  only requires a few ingredients that you probably keep stocked in your pantry. Throw them together in the slow cooker, and dinner takes care of itself in an afternoon. The gravy is so good over mashed potatoes. Are you ready for what may be the easiest Roast Beef recipe ever? Here it is...

Ingredients:

Eye of the round beef roast - I usually get one that's about 2 1/2 lbs.
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/3 cup beef broth











Directions:

Put roast in slow cooker. Mix mushroom soup, dry soup, and beef broth in a small bowl. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours, depending on size of roast, and your slow cooker. Mine typically takes about 5 hours.

Once the roast beef is done, I remove it from the gravy, cover with foil, and let it rest about 15 minutes. Then, I strain the gravy, as my family likes it to be smooth, but that's up to you. I also slice the roast and put it back in the gravy, and serve it with mashed potatoes, a vegetable, and salad. This is always met with a lot of enthusiasm from my family. And it's so easy! Five minutes of prep, and it makes the house smell wonderful as it cooks. I hope you'll give it a try!






No comments:

Post a Comment