Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Monday, December 30, 2013

Word of the Year

You may have seen this topic floating around over the past few weeks, The Word of the Year. It may mean different things to different people, but I think it's a way to kind of focus on specific areas of your life. I had a word for 2013, and now that 2014 is upon us, I'm ready for my new one.

So, this year, my word will be Intentional. It applies to many areas of my life, and captures what I hope to accomplish, or at least strive to, in these next 12 months.
These are the areas that have come to my mind in applying the word, although there may be more as the year moves on. . .

Intentional in:

My prayer life. This is my biggest one. I want to be diligent in seeking God in prayer this year.

My  Bible study. Next biggest one. I can't grow closer to God if I'm not consistently in His Word.

My eating habits. This is a toughie. I strongly desire to kick my sugar habit!

Exercise. I know I feel better when I'm in a routine, it's getting started that's so difficult for me.

Cultivating and maintaining the friendships in my life.

Being joyful! This is so hard for my curmudgeon kind of personality. I'm a half empty gal, and I want to reverse that. I know I have much to be joyful over!

Taking every thought captive. Garbage in, garbage out. Focus on the positive.


As I said, I may add more, although there is plenty for me to work through right here! Do you have a word for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment