Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Monday, December 2, 2013

Welcome December!

Hello December! The year is quickly coming to a close, and I feel myself already behind as it relates to the holidays. Maybe it's because Thanksgiving came so late this year. Whatever the case, I'm eager to get in gear and start the holiday preparations.

As far as everything else goes, the month is looking busy. There's a few more weeks of school before we break until after the new year. And because we're crazy, we decided that this would be the perfect time to replace our old kitchen. I'll be posting pics and the progress as we go. The finished product will be great!
I have several books that I would like to get started for read alouds for the girls, so I suppose we better finish the current two that we're in the middle of.

I also feel that it's a good time for me to take Nancy Leigh DeMoss' 30 Day Challenge to encourage my husband, which includes refraining from saying anything negative to him for that time. I think it will be a very good thing, but yes, a challenge. I'll update on that as well.

And of course, to round out the month that features Christmas, there are holiday parties, dance recitals, baking, family visits, special craft projects, and shopping! It's enough to overwhelm me, but I'll take it one step at a time.
Most of all, I'm hoping to make this season count, not rush through it in a frenzied, and stressed out manner. I want to create some good memories, enjoy my family, and enjoy the Christmas season in general.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot to get to, so that's just what I'm off to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment