Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Friday, December 27, 2013

So, we made it through Christmas, and the new year arrives in less than a week. I'm thinking about the same thing that I do pretty much every year at this time- sugar detox. I fell for the lure of the many holiday goodies that tempted me from the covers of magazines, the shelves of the stores, and bakeries. Sugar, everywhere.

What reminds me that now is the time that I should grab a salad instead, is the annual push that can be found in those same magazines and stores. Replacing the sweets are energy bars, large containers of whey protein, and exercise equipment that feature photos of young, lean, athletic people and their rock hard abs.

You can say what you like, but there is not a doubt in my mind that sugar is a drug, and I am an addict. Who can blame me? It goes down so easily. It seems like a harmless vice. But I know it's not true, and I'm feeling the effects of it on my body, and not only as it relates to my jeans size. You would think that the answer is to simply put the candy bar down. But it goes deeper than willpower. It's an emotional thing. And when I' happy, sad, mad, or glad, I want the sugar.

Well. it has to stop. It will catch up with me, and I want to be in the best health that I can for my family, as well as myself.
I'm determined, but at the same time, I'm kind of dragging myself, kicking and screaming.

So with much prayer, I'm taking the first step. Pulling out my  beat the sugar addiction types of books and such. I figure that if I start now, I have a jump on things before the official New Year begins. And by then, I'll already be nearly a week ahead. So here I go, let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment