Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, September 15, 2019

Weird




I saw this photo online, and it made me pause, because I often say something similar to my daughters.  We seem to be the only homeschoolers in our neighborhood, and the public schooled girls behave quite differently than my girls do. I don’t say that with arrogance. There is a pecking order in the schools that kids often conform to in order to survive. That sounds dramatic, but having been a public schooled kid myself, I remember the struggle. My daughters don’t have that stress. They don’t need to pretend to be someone they aren’t in order to be accepted. Once in awhile, one of my girls is tempted to hide her true personality in order to be liked by these girls. When that happens, I tell her that her ability to express who she really is, is a gift. I tell her to never be afraid to be herself. Those who are true will show themselves, and I bet that those that make fun secretly wish they had the courage not to conform. So...embrace your weirdness!

No comments:

Post a Comment