Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Bible Study Guide For All Ages - A Crew Review







What would you say is the most important subject to teach your children? As Christians, we would all agree that a solid Bible course is at the top of list. If you're like me, you already have your favorites. After the last month or so, I've added  Advanced (5th & 6th grade) pages from Bible Study Guide For All Ages which we've been reviewing, to my top 5 list. 

The title of this Bible curriculum gives it away, this is a study for all ages, which makes sense, because it's the Bible, right? We all need the wisdom of the Word, whatever our age. These studies have been divided according to age, but we've been using the first 26 lessons of the  Advanced pages for 5th and 6th grades.

Included in our set:

-Large Bible Book Summary Cards
-Student pages
- Teacher Key
- Wall Maps and Timeline Set


Bible Summary Cards

Student pages and Teacher Key

Timeline after we first put it up.

Label Book

A peak inside the labels book for the timeline and maps


Getting started is easy to do- all that you need to do is follow the directions provided in the guides. For us, that meant beginning with the set up of the timeline and maps. I was told that it was large, and required a good amount of space, and it really does. You will want to have a big wall available. They suggest using handi tack or another similar type of removable putty to attach it not only to the wall itself, but for sticking the various labels and images at the various points. Our wall has some texture to it, and since I didn't want these beautiful resources falling off and possibly tearing, I opted for tacks in hanging them up. They also suggest laminating them to keep them nice, which is a great idea. I did purchase a package of tacki stuff (I don't know what it's called, but it's available everywhere) for applying all of the images and things.

After adding all of the little names, dates, and what-have-you's to the timeline and maps, we were ready to begin lessons. As a quick aside, I was geeking out over that process, lol. I love hanging up all of these school-y things, and as my daughters have grown out of many of the cutesy classroom type décor, I've missed it. So, I loved this part! Anyway, as I was saying, the guides walk you through each step. You will want to go over lessons before presenting them, in order to get any labels cut out and ready to be tacked to the timeline and maps. Speaking for myself, I am most definitely a creature of habit. I like routine. So this curriculum is a nice fit for me. Each lesson contains the same layout. In each student page are the following sections:

- Remember it - This is basically where you will review previous lessons.

- Memory Workout - Here you will review the books of the Bible, Scripture, and other Bible info.          This is also where the large Bible Summary cards come into use.

- Guess What... - This is where you'll learn more Bible history, as well as words and their definitions.

- Discover the Bible - This is pretty self explanatory, but this section is where you will read your            Bible, and learn to dig into a passage of Scripture, by underlining words, or drawing a picture.
   Who, What, Where, and Why questions are presented to encourage students to think.

- Time Line- There is a timeline included in the student pages, which is great for easy circling of            words, and drawing pictures. However, this is where the wall size Timeline stands out. Seeing a full    size version, and being able to attach the labels adds another level of learning that we've                      appreciated.

- Maps - As with the timeline, these are a great help as we see where in the world, events took place.

- Get Active - These are extra activities to solidify a lesson. They may be having students create a        drawing, making up a skit, or discussing a topic.

- Apply it! - In this section, you will read a verse, and then rewrite it in an "I" statement, in order to       apply it to your life in a practical way.



Here's a peek at the front and back cover of the Bible Summary Cards:





Our Timeline in use- my 12 year old really likes it - we all do!



This was a Get Active activity. It asked students to draw a picture of what they thought hate looked like. This is my youngest daughter's rendition.




To put it simply, I love this study of the Bible. Who says that this subject needs to be dry? A wonderful option for kids, teens, and adults who enjoy an interactive approach. With activities that include colorful illustrations, group discussion, and creative activities like drawing or acting, there is likely to be as they say, something for everyone. I had only a moment of disappointment, when I thought that the 5th and 6th grade pages were the highest level. After visiting their website, I found out that I was wrong, there are more studies for teens and adults, hurray! I can see these pages being used in a variety of ways, Sunday school, youth groups, family Bible time, maybe a neighborhood study for the local kids? There are some great opportunities, I'm thinking...
As you begin organizing your next school year, be sure to check out Bible Study Guide For All Ages . Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to check out their teen studies. Blessings to you all!





Visit Bible Study Guide For All Ages on social media:





Read more Crew reviews about this, as well as the other levels available from Bible Study Guide For All Ages , by clicking on the banner below!


Bible Study Guide For All Ages {Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment