Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Friday, September 6, 2013

Foster Friday


Not only are we Foster parents, but we are also a homeschooling family. That's a lot of family togetherness. And I'm glad that we do it this way. But, I would be lying if I said that there weren't days when I wanted to curl up in bed with the covers over my head and forget about all of my responsibilities. Because it gets hard sometimes!

What do you do when you're having one of those days, and you feel the frustration rising? I can only speak for me on this, and I do not boast to be an expert.
When I feel like I can't do this for another day, we  change up our regular routine. It may sound simplistic, but it helps a lot.

That might mean that we take a field trip to a new destination. Maybe we get outside for extended P.E. time and check out a new trail or park. It could also be as easy as making a batch of cookies. Just doing something different, changing the scenery, helps adjust my perspective, and often shakes off a grouchy attitude.
Now if you'll excuse me, I think we need a batch of cookies over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment