Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Monday, February 11, 2013

Heart shaped crayons

Happy Valentine's week! Is it just me, or did that sneak up on you too? I'm sure that you all have a party or two happening this week as we do.
As I was thinking about what kind of valentines the kids could  pass out, I began looking for the non -sugary options, and lo and behold, found these cute little creations.

I will admit that the first reaction of my oldest daughter was not the enthusiastic response I had been hoping for, in fact , I believe there were some sighs and groans. But I did not give up, and insisted she give it a try. By the end of the process, both kids were hooked, and had a lot of fun.

So here we go...

What you'll need:

Crayons- the amount will depend on how many heart crayons you want to make, as well as how big your baking pan is.

Heart shaped pan - we found a small silicone baking pan at the local discount store

Wire rack



To make:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Peel the paper off of the crayons. Break them into small pieces. Put the crayon pieces into the heart shaped pan. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack until hardened.
Done. Very cute!







                                                                         Peel
 
 
 
Break and Bake



                                                                   The finished product

 

No comments:

Post a Comment