Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ready or Not, Here I Come!

Alrighty. January 1, 2013. A new month, a new year. So I'm embarking on my year of healthier habits, and I will be checking in regularly to post my progress.

I'm on my way to cutting out- or at least most of the refined sugar in my diet. I am allowing myself a sweet here and there, within reason. I'm also cutting wayyy back on the dairy and wheat, which is a lot easier for me than the sugar.

Today was a pretty good day as those goals go. I am definitely a stress eater, and one emotional moment had me wanting to eat all the Christmas cookies that I could get my hands on, but I stayed strong. Sugarless gum is becoming my best friend ;)

I also have spiritual goals for this new year. The past few years have been rough quite honestly, and I feel like the Lord is stripping away everything I've held onto. I've done a lot of questioning, crying, and pondering of all of it, and I feel like He's doing something big in my life. Not that I think I'll be doing something huge and public that will bring me fame and celebrity, but in the sense that God is getting rid of all that I have held onto, so I can see Him more clearly. I'm seeing more and more that the treasures of this world ( and I'm not speaking of the material necessarily), mean nothing compared to knowing Christ. I have so far to go, but in His mercy, He's showing me more little by little.

I wonder if my failures are actually successes in a way, because it is allowing me to see the futility that comes when I try to live apart from Him.

I'm restarting my devotions to go through the one year bible, and today I bought a prayer journal. Little things that I hope will spur me on in my walk this year.

I'll check in again soon. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment