Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, April 7, 2019

Settling in...at last

We've come upon our two year anniversary in our new home, in a new city. I had expected that it would take at least a year to feel at home here. It actually took closer to two years. There are no longer pangs of homesickness when we venture out to our old neighborhood, and we feel the roots growing here. The biggest, and most difficult aspect of relocating was the most surprising to our whole family, and that was church. Settling into a new church has been, quite honestly, a trial. Finding a new church has been more difficult than we could have imagined. We had over two decades wrapped up in our last church, and it seemed that nothing could compete with it. After much searching for something closer to us, we determined to stay on at that church, and just make the longer trek.

I am grieved that that church, our home for so long, has been devastated by significant failings from the leadership. I've gone back and forth about whether I'll blog about it, perhaps soon. It shook me, it really did, not my faith in God, but in the church. I took a break for about a month, I was so angry.

Well, as has been the case with several big decisions, my husband and I both felt the sense that we were to return to a local church in our current city, and make it our place. It's been two weeks, and we feel a peace about it that we didn't have before. I'm hoping that we can plug in and serve, and be a blessing there. Hoping for brighter days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment