Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Placemaker by Christie Purifoy - A Book Review

"Many of us long to put down roots in some particular place, but we guard ourselves against heartbreak by waiting for a perfect place."

I love words. I love the written word. I love the way that put together, words form stories that can move, inspire, admonish, encourage, and even cause us to travel through time. Reading a particular work from an author offers a glimpse into his/her personality. I've read many books from many authors over the years, and they come in all manner of styles. My favorite genre is usually the one that I'm currently reading. So, I suppose that would make Placemaker- Cultivating Places of Comfort, Beauty, And Peace this week's winner.

Using images of trees, flowers, and gardens, Christie Purifoy details how we can put down our own roots, wherever we find ourselves. She uses her personal experiences to illustrate how all of us can glorify God in even the smallest ways.

I enjoy the writing style of this author. There is a richness in her vocabulary. There is a sense of rest in the pages that made me want to grab a hot cup of tea, and settle in for the afternoon. I felt as if I was being reminded to find joy in the simple things, and let the main thing be the main thing. That main thing is God, and He is our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment