Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, October 14, 2018

Raising teenagers is hard, can I get an Amen? Oh man, one of my sweet girls has been ticked with me for the better part of the day. We've had an ongoing situation, that my husband and I have been observing, and well, trying to navigate in the way we feel is best. This past week, we decided that enough was enough, and that it was time to step in, and take a firm stance. Well, although her reaction could have been worse, she was still frustrated, and she spent the afternoon in sulky silence. It's times like these that I miss the preschool days...smaller kids, smaller problems. But, life will throw us into uncomfortable situations, and those circumstances help in shaping our character, and that applies to both children and their parents. Happily, as we're heading to bed, the waters are calm again, but everybody, I am tired. Still, it's worth it. Now, I'm off to bed. Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment