Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A is for Anarchy, Art and Amazing Grace

What a week! And it's not even over yet! I knew up front that it would be challenging, because my husband had a business trip scheduled for the first part of the week. I was sooo not looking forward to this. But I figured we would make it through and keep busy with all of the regular activities. Life had other plans. . .

A IS FOR ANARCHY

Yeah, that sums up the week (snicker).

Monday began with a furnace that just decided to quit. Good for me, I did not panic. And after a little fiddling, as well as a call to my husband, it clicked back on.

Then came my wrestling match with the Yorkie, who was delighted to find a tiny chocolate candy in one of the girls' bags. I knew he wouldn't give it up easily, and he didn't. It took putting him in a headlock, and the eraser side of a pencil to get it out of his stubborn jaws- well the wrapper anyway.

With all of that behind me, I was able to focus on getting all of us to the doctor to get our sick and very cranky little girl checked out (which brings us to another A word- antibiotics). That meant an extra trip to the store for meds, juice, and other sick kid necessities. After getting our schoolwork finished, we managed to make it through our crazy night of dinner, dance classes, and eventually bedtime- which was long and drawn out thanks to previously mentioned sick and cranky little girl.

Tuesday gave me hope for a fresh day and attitude (hey, I've got lots of A words) Didn't last long. Child number 2 began acting a little funky. I knew when she fell asleep, it was coming. Fortunately, we had everything we needed to get through.
But I could forget about sleep that night, because naturally, our newest sickie wanted to sleep in my bed. After a sleepless night of temperature readings, Tylenol, and then being kicked and smacked in the face by a restless patient, Wednesday arrived.

And that brings me to the next A word:

A IS FOR ART CLASS

Or no art class. Because a sick kid means no art class. Blah. I could have used a breather today. But I didn't have long to lament that thought, because. . . the furnace went out again. On the first day of Spring. It also happens to be the coldest day this week. Sigh.

More fiddling. Got it on again.

Then, more cranky little girl number 1.

But things are looking up. First of all, it's nap time, yeah! And My husband comes home tonight- yeah! So my last A word is:

A IS FOR AMAZING GRACE

Amazing grace because in spite of my headaches so far this week, it could have been worse in all of these annoyances (yet another A)
I really felt the prayers being sent up for me, and in the midst of the chaos, I felt the strength to get through.
We were able to get in to the doctor, and medicine to get back on track. The furnace could have completely gone out. And a lot of other little things. God is good through all of the daily messes.

So, a little more tea, a bit of chocolate, and I will await the arrival of my guy.

Until next week, when we'll move on to letter B.

No comments:

Post a Comment