Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gratitude Challenge 2011

So, I'm participating in this year's Gratitude Challenge, because it seems that almost every year, as soon as Halloween has come and gone, I find Thanksgiving is here before I know it, and I feel like I missed the purpose. Do you know what I mean?

I'm striving for something better this year, and the best way to accomplish that, I think, is to be intentional. So here goes.

It's Tuesday, November 1st, 2011. I'm thankful for humor. I LOVE to laugh, any of my friends will attest to that. Nothing diffuses the tension better than a good giggle, whether it's with my little girlies, my friends, or family.

Today was one of those days that might have been very ugly were it not for the grace of God and a LOT of laughs.  Wanna hear about it? Goodie.

My husband's car was the victim of a nasty little rock hurtling through space, and ultimately landing upon the windshield, leaving a large crack. It's been cracked for several months now, as our funds were limited.
Well, we were finally able to work it into the budget this week, and scheduled the auto glass guy to replace it.

He arrived bright and early this morning and all was well, until he came to the door with a *look* on his face that I knew meant trouble. Unfortunately, during the process of removing the windshield, he cut a gash into the car's roof several inches long :/

He felt terrible about it, and for some reason, it just made me laugh. I guess it was because it seems that in our family lately, if anything can go wrong it will, it does, it has. And maybe it was just the Lord giving me enough grace to laugh.

But you know what? I know my response blessed this guy. I could have responded angrily, after all, he inconvenienced me, right? Now we had to deal with towing the car, an additional repair, rental car, etc...Now let me be clear here, I'm not trying to portray  myself as some wonderful pious soul, I lose it enough times, and those close to me know it. Whatever the reason, I was able to stay relaxed, and enjoyed several laughs with the towing people, the insurance agent, and it was alright.

I hope I'm able to keep that perspective more often, and, forgive the cliche, not sweat the small stuff.

1 comment: