Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Friday, November 30, 2018

Ellie Claire Art Journals

I have always loved art, as in creating art. It began in my childhood, with brand new packages of freshly sharpened crayons, and a clean sheet of paper, or a coloring book. That was sort of the gateway medium for me, leading to markers, paints, oil pastels, and...gasp, glitter! Lol. There is something so cathartic about a quiet afternoon, and some good art supplies that is simply, magic. That being the case, I was very interested in participating in this review campaign for Ellie Claire Art Journals. There happens to be three of them, and lucky me, I have had the opportunity to check them all out, and I'm happy to share our experiences with them!

I say we, because I was very tempted to hoard them all for myself, especially after they first arrived. I had pictured a journal as a notebook style, such as you might compare to a three ring notebook. Nope, not even close. These journals are hardback, with thick, high quality paper, and with embossed covers. These are not your average journals folks. They are gorgeous. That being the case, I thought it would be more fun to have my 2 daughters join me in trying them out. We each chose one, and enjoyed some fun together time around the table, drawing, coloring, lettering...Interestingly enough, each of us chose the journal that suited our personality the best. So, allow me to introduce you to each journal...

The first notebook is the Faith & Lettering Journal. My 13 year chose this style as her notebook. It's been said about food, that a person "eats with their eyes" before enjoying a meal. I feel that way about this journal. With its bright pink spine, and a mix of turquoise, pink, and black flowers and inspirational quotes on the cover, it's beautiful. The inside does not disappoint either, as you'll find page after page of colorful letters, and phrases to trace, and then try free hand. Being a journal, there is also plenty of space to write out thoughts, prayers, or Bible verses. If you want to try out Bible journaling, this is a great way to learn how to create fancy lettering. There are also full pages that have colorful Bible verses. I almost want to remove them and frame them - but I won't because that would ruin the book!







Purchase this journal here:



The second book, which is the one that I chose, is The Illustrated Word Coloring Journal. This journal has a middle ages kind of theme. In addition to plenty of space for writing out your thoughts and prayers, there are full page coloring pages that are reproductions of various works of art. For some reason, and please do not think me too odd, lol, but when I'm coloring a page, I feel like I need a fancy cup of tea, some sort of English pastry, and a period drama on the t.v., Downton Abbey perhaps?
















Purchase this journal here:



Last but certainly not least, is the Illuminate Your Story Journal, and was the one that my 14 year old selected. This also has a middle ages flavor. The first few pages in this book feature fully colored descriptions of various manuscripts and their histories, including instructions in how to draw them yourself. There are a few pages here and there that provide space for journaling, but the majority of the journal is filled with beautiful letters that may be traced. practiced, and colored in as you like. There is also a ribbon bookmark, an attached elastic band for keeping a pen or other writing implement, and a pretty folder in the back for keepsakes.












Purchase this journal here:








We used a few different kinds of colored pencils and markers as we got artsy. I was curious to see how well the pages would hold up against each, and whether there would be any bleed through. I was so impressed! Even with the heaviest coloring, there was no bleed through in any of the journals! Oh, that wonderful, thick paper! We all love these journals, and give them an enthusiastic two thumbs up! I'm putting these on my list to buy for gifts this season, and I am certain that they will be well received. You will be hard pressed to find a better quality journal, and I am now a dedicated fan! Check them out for yourself!





No comments:

Post a Comment