Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Friday, November 30, 2018

Beloved - 365 Devotions For Young Women



As my daughters begin their high school journey, it's important to me that they learn the discipline of a daily personal devotion time. The culture attempts to pull our children in so many directions, and so many of those are not good roads. I'm grateful for publishers like Zondervan, who are dedicated to putting out quality, Biblically based resources for our young people. We have had the opportunity to review the teen devotional, Beloved, 365 Devotions for Young Women. I received a copy of this devotion in exchange for my review, with no additional compensation.

When we received this book, I was pleased to find a beautiful, hardcover book of good quality, beautifully designed with deep blush and pink, and a ribbon bookmark to keep track of the day that we are on. Unlike other devotionals which use specific calendar dates, this one begins with "Day One", and so on. I like this very much, as it allows you to begin at any point in the year. Each devotional has a Bible verse at the top, followed by a short paragraph that relates to the topic of said verse. The bottom of the page has a few blank lines in case your teen would like to add a note or two. The devotions feature women of the Bible, and speak on many issues that young women will find helpful. Relationships, identity, loneliness, faithfulness are just a sampling of topics found within these pages.

For now, at least for the purpose of this review, I have used this as a morning get together before we start our day. It is a nice way to begin our day, before we jump into our studies or other activities. Eventually, I will have my girls use this on their own, for personal study. For now, I am enjoying the extra time of fellowship with them. This is a lovely book that would be a meaningful gift for the young woman in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment