Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Power of Yet





I love this photo. The Power of Yet. I'm thinking about this as we get ready to welcome another school year. This is the time of year when my teens are busy preparing for band auditions. There is a daily cacophony of musical notes floating through the house. And every year, there come s a point where each of my daughters is brought to the brink of frustration because they just can't get a particular piece of music played correctly. But something miraculous happens just after auditions are over. They begin playing those pieces with ease, declaring, "I can't believe I thought that was difficult!" 

So it is with much of life. We're faced with a variety of challenges. They can seem daunting. Then we manage to climb over the steep hill, sometimes gritting our teeth the entire way. But we get there, and what a sense of accomplishment. The power of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment