Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Monday, September 25, 2017

A New Season

When my husband asked me how I felt about moving late last year, I was all in. A new city, a new county, a new season.
Fast forward six months. The stress of the move is behind us. The prepping, painting, and staging is but a memory. We are in our new home that we love.

We have a new home church, our children have new homeschool co-ops, a new youth group. It's interesting though. While we didn't move terribly far, it's...different. Not in a negative way, in fact a few things are even better than we expected.

We lived in our last city for over 20 years. Wow. Seeing that in print makes me feel old, lol. Anyway, our hometown was in the middle of a busy, well populated, happening kind of area. Our new city is different. Two blocks down the street from us is farm country. As in, cows, horses, and corn. Lots and lots of corn. It's beautiful, but still an adjustment.
I never realized how much of my identity was wrapped up in where I grew up. I've been surprised to find myself feeling a little out of my element.

I was used to busy streets with stoplights at every block. Now, I see gigantic tractors, moving by slowly, and also, a lot more silos.
















We've traded in our view of the city, for farms, and we're up for the adventure. Here's to a new season, and all that God has for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment