Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Friday, November 1, 2013

November Thanks Day 1

Yay for November! Fall has finally kicked in, and I love this month! The only thing that makes me sad is that it seems that our culture skips over Thanksgiving, and jumps right into Christmas. Now, the holidays are great, but it would be so nice to slow down the pace, and reflect on all that we have right now. So here I post, really for my own benefit, although maybe it will encourage you to stop and take a moment to be grateful too.

Day 1:
I am thankful for my house. Does that sound silly? Maybe to some. But I am grateful for a roof over our family's head. I confess that I often find myself ungrateful for what I have. I see so many others who have bigger, better, more modern, more curb appeal. There's a lot that could be fixed up with ours. Financially however, it can't happen as fast as we'd like.

But, my husband and I made the decision to buy a lesser house, if you will, so that when we had children, I would be able to stay home with them. And now we do, and I am able to stay home. We have a great yard, a great location, and the dream of expanding. . . one day.

So, I am thankful for what we have when so many don't. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment