Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, February 3, 2019

Apple Pie

This week, we found ourselves in the midst of the famed Polar Vortex, which brought temps to a frigid -30 without the wind chill. As we kept ourselves bundled up, and indoors, my family requested that I make their favorite apple pie. I was happy to oblige, and I thought I would share it with you.










Our favorite Apple Pie

Ingredients:

Your favorite pie crust
6 cups of thinly peeled and sliced apples
3/4 cup sugar
2 T. flour
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 T. lemon juice
small amount of milk for top pie crust
extra sugar to sprinkle on pie crust

Heat oven to 425 degrees. I haven't mastered homemade pie crust, so I use store bought. Place bottom crust in 9 inch pie plate. Mix apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Put apple mixture on pie crust. Place top pie crust over apples, and seal. Cut vent slits into crust. Brush a small amount of milk over tp crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges of pie crust with a pie shield or aluminum foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown, and apples are tender. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment