Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, December 9, 2018

Skipping Christmas




This week, I'm pulling out my copy of Skipping Christmas, by John Grisham. It's a whimsical, quick read, and I usually read it every year. I'm feeling particularly grinchy this year, lol, and I'm hoping that this might get me into the Christmas spirit a little more. 
The story is about a man named Luther, and how he makes the decision to skip Christmas for a year. His wife reluctantly agrees, but they soon realize it won't be an easy task, as their entire neighborhood makes it their mission to foist the holiday upon them, in the obnoxious, yet amusing ways. It's an enjoyable read, and I do enjoy it. So, excuse me while I get started. Happy Sunday to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment