Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, December 16, 2018

Countdown

So, it's a week and a couple of days until Christmas. I've been looking around my house this weekend, and I am anything but ready to go. My house is a mess, the clutter abounds. Last night, while starting a fire in the fireplace, we discovered that there is some kind of blockage in the chimney, as evidenced by the large amount of smoke that filled the house. Yes, the flue was open. Yes, the smoke detectors definitely work. Yes, the dog does not like the sound of the alarm. And the Christmas shopping, I still have much to pick up. Oh yes, and cookies, I need to bake cookies. Sigh. I'm just not feeling the Christmas thing this year, for a variety of reasons. Not that I'm depressed, because I'm not. I'm just ready to move past the holidays. I must say though, in spite of it all, I'm not overwhelmed. At least we have a quiet holiday planned. Are you ready for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment