Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, July 22, 2018

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Today, my husband and I celebrated 23 years of marriage. I know a lot of couples zip off for romantic getaways, but we're homebodies, and we decided to make it a family weekend. We had originally planned to spend the day yesterday walking around the downtown area of a nearby lakefront city, but the iffy weather forecast encouraged us to change plans, So, to the delight of our girls, we spent the day at the mall of all places, lol. Today, we had a great time of worship at church, and then puttered around here and there. It probably sounds boring to anyone else, but we had a lovely weekend. I'm finding that after 2+ decades of marriage, my expectations are lower, and the simple things really do satisfy me as much as the grander gestures. I must say though, I was very happily surprised at a beautiful ring that my husband gave me. He also wrote a sweet letter recounting our years together. We let the girls each pick a mini cake to share after dinner. All in all , it was a good weekend.






23 years ago 




The youngest chose a unicorn cake.




The oldest chose a cookies and cream cake.




My beautiful ring.




1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I are 1 year behind you guys :-) Simple is not boring, it's real sweet. Love the cakes the girls picked. The ring is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete