Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, June 17, 2018

Our Week In Review

I'm sitting here, feeling contented, as I listen to the tv playing in the background. My girls are chattering happily as they watch a favorite program. It's been a busy and productive week, and I'm glad to have a little bit of down time as we get ready to jump into another busy week.

My husband spent most of last week in China, which always makes me (and the girls) feel a bit off. Fortunately, it was a short trip, and he was back late in the week, in time for the weekend. Meanwhile, the girls and I were spent the mornings of this week volunteering at our new church's VBS program. When I say small church, I'm not kidding. I had been wondering who would be volunteering with us, and thinking that it would be a good way to meet more people within the congregation. Imagine my surprise when we walked in, and discovered that all VBS helpers consisted of the pastor, his wife, and me and the girls. Lol. It was a good week though. I really felt like we were filling a need, and the kids who attended were sweet.

Father's Day weekend has been quietly productive, if that makes sense. We were up early on Saturday so that we might tackle some yard work that's been overdue. Then the girls and I made a shopping trip to pick up some special treats for my husband. I love that these holidays mean so much to my daughters, and that they really like to spoil us on our respective holidays.

Now the weekend has passed rather quickly, and we're gearing up for the week. The girls have a music /art day camp that they'll be attending this week, which means a little extra time for me to do whatever, and I must say, I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll take this opportunity, and visit a few shops that don't interest my girls. Looking over this post, it all seems ordinary , and maybe even boring, but I feel content. I love these ordinary days, the quiet hum of my family, and I know that all too soon, they'll be grown. But not yet. What are your plans this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment