Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, June 3, 2018

A New Season

It's been an interesting year. Our move last year caused quite an upheaval, both physically and emotionally. I underestimated the challenges that we would face as we began to put down roots in an unfamiliar city. Assimilating into a new neighborhood, and finding a church were surprisingly more trying than I expected. On the positive side, a move has also meant fresh opportunites.

For some time, I've been wondering what topics that I would like to write about in my blog. With my daughters entering the teen years and become increasingly independent, I find myself considering the future, and what I might like to pursue.

Before becoming a parent, I loved my job as a preschool teacher. I've had a few instances here and there, where I've had the chance to step back into that role, but homeschooling has to take precedence in our lives for now, and I'm so grateful that we can homeschool. I would never change that.  But I do miss many of the creative aspects of that career, and sometimes find myself wishing that my girls were still young enough to want to make those cute preschool crafts.

As I've been thinking about it, I thought, you know, there's no reason that I can't still share my lesson plan ideas, and activities with other moms and teachers. It gives me a chance to keep a record of ideas and crafts, while helping out fellow parents and teachers.

So this is my introductory post to let you know what you'll be finding in weeks to come. I'm going to offer some fun plans to engage the little ones in your life. I'm pretty excited to brush away the cobwebs, and flex my preschool loving muscles again. Stay tuned, we're going to have some fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment