Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!




Happy Mother's Day, fellow moms!!  I hope that you had of love from your families. We enjoyed a somewhat busy weekend. Saturday found us traveling a bit to a nearby state to meet my mom, brother, and sister in law, for an early Mother's Day breakfast. That night, we drove back to our hometown, and met my in laws for dinner. An entire day without cooking, hurray!

It's funny, but in all honesty, Mother's Day is not that big of a deal for me. It's my daughters and husband who were concerned about making today a day of celebrating. My youngest could barely contain her excitement. She was so excited about choosing just the right card and gifts, and was fastidious in her wrapping and presentation. She completely cracked me up when she handed me her carefully selected card...


Now, you cannot appreciate the scale of the card in the photo, but it's something like 2 feet tall, lol! She was so jazzed!
My oldest, on the other hand, is completely opposite as far as personality is concerned, but just as interested in giving me a good day. Her card, well,  the text that she wrote on the envelope actually, was so true to her disposition...


In case you find this hard to read, it says, "Unfortunately, this envelope is pink." She is not a fan of most things pink and/or glittery, ha!

Not to be outdone, my husband picked out the "perfect" gift for me...



Lol! This is quite accurate - pretty much anytime I ask my husband a question about...anything, he almost always knows the answer. He LOVES this mug - and I do too. 
Suffice it to say, it was a good day. I am blessed to have a husband and daughters who make me feel loved and appreciated. In addition to the cute cards and some thoughtful gifts, my daughters cleaned the bathrooms, and living room, while my husband took care of the yard work.
We then enjoyed a lazy evening in front of the tv. Our little bubster enjoyed the snuggle time too...



I hope all of you had the chance to spend time with your families today. Until later, Happy Mother's Day!










No comments:

Post a Comment