Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, May 6, 2018

Books, Books, and More Books





My daughters and I are suckers for pretty much any kind of book sale, so we were excited that our local library was holding their annual sale this past week. It's been a bit of a nutty week, between school work, extracurricular activities, and trying to tackle the endless mountain of dandelions that are attempting to take over our lawn. We didn't want to miss it though, so we set aside our garden gloves, and enjoyed a few minutes of browsing through the boxes of books.  Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view, I forgot to bring extra cash, so we came back with far less than we probably would have if I had remembered to bring more than the few dollars that were in my wallet. Still, we were pleased with our purchases. I'm actually looking forward to reading a few of these myself, even though they are for the middle aged set. I was always a sucker for author Eleanor Estes, and her series about the sweet Moffat family. Yep, as this year is winding down, and the activity level is temporarily amping up, I think that one of these books and a cup of tea is just what this mama needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment