Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Oh, The Wonders of Chapstick!





Hey there everyone,
I'm popping in for a quick post to tout the wonders of this little gem called Chapstick. I've always had a great appreciation for this product, and use it frequently, daily actually. But in the years that I've used it, I never thought of its benefits beyond the obvious, chapped lips. Until now.

Our family has had a couple bouts of the cold virus this season, and you know how it is, when you have to blow your nose constantly, your skin gets red and irritated. I had always tried just using lotion, but it never seemed to do the trick. Then, I thought of Chapstick. It's perfect. That protective balm is perfect for soothing sore noses! And, it's not messy! When the cold has run its course, throw it out (cause it's germy after all that). If you're ultra thrifty, this may not set well with you, but to me, a buck is worth the convenience, and it worked beautifully.

It worked so well in fact, that I tried it on my hands. Every winter, my hands get so chapped and cracked from so much hand washing, and the dry weather. I gave my handy chapstick a try, and seriously, it was considerably better a couple of hours later. By the next morning, they were no longer sore.  Again, the germ factor is a thought of mine, so I would wash my hands immediately before applying. I love this stuff, it works, and maybe it'll work for you too. What everyday product have you found to be a gem?



No comments:

Post a Comment