Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Monday, August 10, 2020

Not Back to School Blog Hop - Traditions

Hello!

Welcome to the Not Back to School Blog Hop! It's Monday, and we're talking about traditions. Are you new to homeschooling, or are you a veteran? Either way, you probably have certain things that you do with and/or for your children when a new school year begins.

We've been homeschooling from the start, and at first thought, I didn't think that we had any real traditions that would mean anything significant to my teens. Then, all of the stores began putting out all of the school supplies in July, and it came to me, that yes, we do have a yearly tradition.








On the first day of every new school year, I have a little school bundle waiting for my daughters when they wake up that morning. It isn't a huge thing, but I put together new pens, markers, notebooks, etc. I also add in a sweet of some sort, and maybe a pencil case or cute storage gadget. I didn't realize until last year that my girls love this little act of love.









This year, I've also bought each of my girls a Yoda (Star Wars) pillow to go with their bundle. Even teens like to have something cute and soft to study with :)
How about your family? What do you do to make the start of the school year fun?





Read more about Traditions by clicking on the banner below!

Annual NOT Back to School Blog Hop 2020

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of including candy! We got our younger two new binders to hold all their school materials this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing - a few new supplies, whether they need them or not. I was thinking this year I would do colored pens for the girls and add a thumb drive for each of them since so much of their stuff is going online as they get older. And chocolate - who wouldn't love that!

    ReplyDelete