Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Sunday, December 10, 2017

December Reading List




Hey there! This month is finding me scrambling to prepare for the holidays, in the midst of finishing up school for our first semester. Still, there are two titles that always come out at this time of year. I admit that I'm a bit late in pulling them out, but I'm not about to let the year pass without reading them yet again.

The first title is Stories Behind the Best Loved Songs of Christmas, by Ace Collins. This book goes through 31 classic Christmas songs, and tells the story behind their creation. It always draws me and my husband in with the wonderful history. Actually, I think that I'm going to use this as a fun holiday assignment for my kids, and have them select a song, and research its origin. Maybe I'll have them find the sheet music, and learn to play a song or two, as well.

The second book is a light read that I always enjoy. It's relatively short, so I make my way through quickly, but I always love John Grisham's Skipping Christmas. This book features a couple, The Kranks, who make the decision to skip Christmas for a year while their daughter goes away to the Peace Corps. If the story sounds familiar, yes they did make a movie out of this book, but it didn't do justice to the written story! My holiday season doesn't feel complete without this one. Now if you'll excuse me, I only have a couple more weeks, so I need to get reading. What's on your reading list this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment