Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Thursday, October 17, 2013

Easy Slow Cooker Applesauce

Fall is my favorite season of the year, and I especially love the warm, cozy, comfort foods that accompany this time. One of the recipes that I love to make is homemade applesauce. It makes the house smell wonderful, and the best part is eating it while still warm, yum! I was very happy to have a recipe passed on to me that uses the slow cooker. That makes it even better, because I can assemble it all, and leave it to simmer for a few hours while I chase after the kids ;) Try this one for sure, it's sure to be a new favorite for your family.

You will need:

8 cups of apples, sliced and chopped.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tblsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Mix it all up and put it in a slow cooker. Cook on High for 3 hours, or until apples are tender. Mash up apples with potato masher to desired consistency. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment