Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Blues

I have to say, this summer is not going the way I had planned. As May turned into June, I was mentally making plans for summer school lessons, warm weather field trips, dance recitals, and maybe, just maybe, a little weekend getaway.

Instead, what we got was a crazy busy couple of weeks filled with last minute dance rehearsals, summer colds, summer tummy viruses, visits from out of town relatives...I could go on and on. But, I won't.
Suffice it to say, that now, as I find myself, and our whole family, approaching mid July already, I'm feeling overwhelmed and a little disappointed
.
This week, the girls are enjoying VBS at a local church every morning through Friday. We look forward to it all year long. I love my children, which goes without saying, but it is really nice to have just a couple of hours of my own personal alone time- mommy time as my youngest calls it.

So, every year the question is, what do I do with my time? My answer was given to me from the message we heard at church this past weekend. The topic was prayer, and the key verse is Jeremiah 33:3 which says, "Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."

I dropped the kids off on Monday morning, and the house was mine. And I called out to God. I enjoyed praying aloud to God and just giving Him my burdens. It was a sweet time, and all too soon it was time to get the girls. But I felt lighter in my spirit, and a song that we sang at church kept coming to my mind called always. I love the words to this praise song...

 "Oh my God, You will not delay, my refuge and strength, always."

So, here I sit typing. My circumstances have not changed. I have a tooth that still hurts. The kids go back and forth between loving on each other and fighting. I still haven't gotten my lessons for school completed, and the dog just made a mess on the rug. But...God knows, and He sees me where I am. And it makes all the difference.






No comments:

Post a Comment