Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6-7


Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Pencil Grip, Inc. - Magic Stix Washable Markers - A Review




Hey friends, who's ready for some arts and crafts? You, yes you there, I see you, super! Pull up a chair, and allow me to share our review of Magic Stix Washable Markers from The Pencil Grip, Inc.
We were given a set these bright, bold  markers to use this month, and we have colored up a storm!

I'm not sure that I would call myself a marker aficionado, but I am picky about which coloring implements I purchase. I don't care for the brands that dry out quickly, and I like a pretty selection of colors. These Magic Stix Markers quickly cleared the first hurdle, with the 24 set containing a variety of bright colors. I also noticed the confident declaration on the case, which states - "Won't dry out for  7 Days with the cap off. Guaranteed!" Guaranteed? Well okay then, challenge accepted. I decided to make that our first project. I grabbed a cute piece of scrapbook paper, and got started. It's been fun to check in with the uncapped marker and be amazed at the continuous steadfastness of color. The only problem I have now is that I'm not sure where the cap to the uncapped marker is, but since the color is as good as ever, I suppose that I have some time to find it, ha.  Oh well, anyway, check out our results:

The colors actually look brighter as the days go on.




These are very nice markers to work with. They produce a smooth flow of color, and can make thick or thin lines. We've used these on several different types of surfaces, including drawing paper, cardstock, flat canvas, and stretched canvas. The colors stay vibrant on each one. I would only mention that while they are advertised as washable, they do stain hands, and require several thorough hand washings to completely remove the color. So, I would caution you to have something under any paper that you are coloring that might be on the thinner side, to prevent it from bleeding through. It hasn't been an issue for us, but my girls are older, and I don't have the worry that they will take their art to the walls, lol. Here is a sampling of our drawings and doodles:

This would be my 13 year old's tribute to her favorite band- Twenty One Pilots.

A name doodle.



A page from a Hygge (pronounced Hoo gah) coloring book.

A good start to a kind of abstract-y coloring page. I actually like the contrast of the bright colors against the black and white.


A Family Portrait.




Thoughts from my 12 year old artist:

"I'm impressed with these markers. I've been doodling with the uncapped marker during the dry out challenge, and the color is still completely perfect. The color is still bright and clear, not fuzzy. My lines still come out as clear as the capped markers. I love the size and diameter of them. They are easy to hold comfortably. The thickness of the marker tip is perfect. It isn't too thick or thin.  I love the big assortment of colors- there are a few different shades of blues, greens, yellows... and the case that they come in is just, well, fun!" 

Thoughts from my 13 year old somewhat reluctant artist:

"I like the way these markers write. the lines are smooth , and the thickness of the marker is perfect. The fact that you can leave the cap off is awesome. These work better than some other kinds that  we've used. The colors are really bright."


As I wrap up this review, our family gives the Magic Stix Washable Markers from The Pencil Grip, Inc.  two thumbs up. These will be finding their way into many gifts for friends and family in the coming months.  I'm confident that our own shelves will be stocked with these markers for a long time as well. Get a set for yourselves, and see what you can create. Until later,

                                                                      Blessings,






Social Media Links:








                              Read reviews from other Homeschool Review Crew members:

Magic Stix Washable Markers {The Pencil Grip, Inc. Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment